I hope your weekend is wrapping up to be a good one. Mine was jam-packed with things to do and I barely had time to take pictures of it all! There definitely was not enough hours in the day.
So for the recap:
Friday night, Mike and I headed to dinner with my friends Erica, Rachel and Rachel’s boyfriend Harish. We dined at Benihana’s , a Japanese restaurant where they cook the food in front of you! I was really excited to try the place, after hearing only good things about it. Our chef was fabulous-he made is so we had dinner and a show. He was very skilled at doing little tricks while cooking and cracking jokes the entire time. I could barely eat because I was so busy watching him. Almost every main dish comes with soup, salad, an appetizer and your entrée so there was more than enough food to go around.
This soup was amazing! I ate mine and half of Mike’s as well.
I ordered the Benihana Colossal Mango Shrimp- and I highly recommend it. The mango really added flavor to the shrimp and I finished every last bite.
Erica and Rachel ordered the same thing, so it was definitely a group favorite.
Saturday, my dad was throwing a fundraiser so Mike and I stopped by for breakfast and some mingling.
My parents (and grandma in the background).
We enjoyed some eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy (my favorite!), potatoes and fruit while everyone talked. Coffee and pastries were also served and it turned out to be a lovely event.
Saturday afternoon, we stopped by Mike’s parents house and I learned how to make italian sausage. Now for those of you looking for a decent arm workout without going to the gym- I highly recommend making italian sausage! My arms were burning after cranking all that sausage out!
Sunday consisted of grocery shopping (one of my favorite activities) and I wanted to share with you some of my finds!
I had read so many yummy recipes this past week that I wanted to try so I picked up a few ingredients I would need.
1. Chia seeds- I read on Julie’s blog that these would thicken and fluff up my oats. Plus you can put them in protein shakes and smoothies.
2. pumpkin seeds- They were just calling to me at Whole Foods and I can put them in my oats or just snack on them.
3. Ginger Snaps- but not just any ginger snaps, gluten-free, dairy free and wheat free ginger snaps!
4. Gluten, Dairy and Soy free Blueberry Muffins-explanitory.
5. Cookie Butter- a tasty twist on peanut butter, I’m going to add it to my protein shakes and see how it changes the flavors. I’m sure I can find other yummy uses for it as well 🙂
6. Coconut milk yogurt- I had tried this brand’s version of yogurt made with almond milk and saw they had a coconut milk option as well.
7. Dairy free Cheese- YES!
8. Coconut Milk Hazelnut flavored creamer- to make my coffee extra tasty!
9. Peppermint extract- I really want to try a peppermint and chocolate protein shake!
I picked up a few other things including bananas and salt. I would say it was a successful trip! Recipes to come this week!
Now for a night of studying and some tea perhaps.